The following present a list of pages which carry images and/or plausible records of history related to Thundridge Old Church or other related material:
References to Being “At Risk”:
Historic England – Page identifies the current status as “Priority: C – Slow decay; no solution agreed”.
- Hertfordshire Mercury – 14 Jan, 2018 – “These 12 historic buildings… could be lost forever”
- Hertfordshire Churches in Photographs
- “Herts Memories”
- Wikipedia Thundridge Reference
- Hertfordshire Genealogy – multiple references to reliable historical sources
- Hertfordshire Life – Dec. 2018 – discusses the issue of vandalism and debunks the “Cold Christmas” name myth.
- https://youtu.be/5V-eN8jf_Jk – A collection of images from 2009 and before, including interior views.
- Facebook Video – A pleasant video, but carries inaccurate historical detail in the associated text.
Related Reclamation Articles:
Other instances where graves and/or sacred ground has been built upon – and public opinion associated with that action
- “Digging Up The Dead” – HS2 Rail Line – BBC, 2012
- A Plan to Build 14 Homes on a Graveyard – Wales, 2017
- Southwark Builds Over War Graves – Nov. 2018
- Man Buys Graveyard to Prevent Development – Daily Express – Feb. 2018
- The Future of Birch Church (Essex) – A similar situation ongoing and catalogued
- Church Commissioner’s Proposals for Birch Church (Essex) – .pdf document